Saturday, November 12, 2011

Naming a Band


I don't remember exactly how we came up with the name THE CLAP we tossed a few ideas around..I Know the Johnny Lofty band was out of the Question.It Had to be something catchy something sick something really PUNK.I Know We must have been drunk and high because that was the norm.Hell that's the way my band mates and me met.I use to sell bags of weed a Quarter oz here an eight oz there or a few joints It was all Small time but I made some serious money.I made enough to buy a Guitar and an amp which I still use today.My First Guitar was a sears Model My mom Got it in the sears catalogue  it was my Christmas present /Birthday.None of that mattered any way I had a guitar and I was going to be in a band.When I met Mike Rex He was a regular customer one day he saw my guitar and said he played before we knew it we were in my attic Jam in we added a friend of his on Drums Robbie Brungard and that was the start.We Jammed songs by groups like Budgie ,Rush,Areosmith and other rock bands.I liked Punk and wanted to play punk but didn't say any thing I was just Glad to Be Jam in.Till One day I paged through Mikes Record collection and all the way in the back was the Sex Pistols Never Mind The Bullocks.That Was the day that changed every thing the path was set Every body was in we were going to play PUNK.We started learning Ramones and Sex Pistols songs the best we could we were very young and had very little music lessons.Mike was the only one that had any proper music lessons But none the less we forged on Practicing whenever we could and where ever we could.I know we practiced for a few months with no name.I didn't really even sing with the songs yet and then Robbie Booked us at a talent show at the High school.!!! He Booked us as THE CLAP ! Well that was it we were  going to have our first gig As the band THE CLAP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment