Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The CLUB

     In the beginning we were so green behind the ears about the music industry  and how it worked.We would be lead around by the nose literally .It started with the manager Dave and Mottley,the shows stopped at the 4TH st.saloon and they hooked up with this big lehigh valley lawyer Todd Miller .He had bought this big building on 8TH  st. in Allentown Pa., and renovated the first 3 floors,The CLUB was on the 3RD floor. It Had a huge wooden dance floor,with 8 bass speakers covered with black plush carpeting so you could sit on them.The DJ booth Looked like an alter for some dark ritual,it was also covered in black carpet.there were all these couches and love seats and mirrors covered the walls.There were these other rooms with futons and couches that were dimly lit. the second floor was an arcade with pool tables ,air hockey and other pinball machines and a make shift pizza shop with this fag that wanted to always suck our dicks.Robbie and the Rodie were always fucking with him and not paying for there food.One day he went to moon dog to get him to pay for a slice and he smacked the dude in the head with the slice.


   All in all the CLUB was a really great venue it had a lot of potential . the bands that played there were : the SPEEDIES,DIRTY LOOKS,999,the HUMANS,Athletic o  SPIZ 80,Single Bullet Theory,the STRANGLERS,The Undertones,the Necessaries  and a few others I can't remember.The shows were fun there was no security and you didn't need it. Everyone was so cool there was never a fight. there was no  slam dancing back then either,just POGO dancing and SKA.
    The show I remember the most was the UNDERTONES ! there was an early and a late show they were both filled to capacity .The Late show was a wilder show being the drunk people from the first show came to the second show as well.They were POGOING so hard the floor was moving 5 inches in either direction. I went down to the second floor and saw a crack in the ceiling go from closed to 2 inches open.The Band had to be told to tell the people to calm down a bit being it was unsafe.That Didn't work so I just got the band and my family and friends to stand by the wall or a support beam The Place was Just crazy..At the end the Floor made it,but there was never another show up there,they moved to the first floor and changed the name to Niko's Not long after that it fell into oblivion.
   The Clap only played at the CLUB 2 times Once by our selves and as the support for Dirty Looks. They Had a hit out at the time, the show was all right but they were into themselves they were cunts.The only reason we liked the club was because we were let in free to hang out posing with coloreds hair and punk clothes Just looking fucking punk and cool.It also landed me a job at Mottley's Record store when it moved to Hamilton st. Allentown..This is also where I met Kathy Boyer,It Was at one of the shows I think Dirty Looks?I was really drunk and we were dancing. I loved to Punk Dance And create my own dances and she asked me to dance.Well that Night I went home with her. Her Parents were away for the weekend so I was I n.We fucked for a while Then I passed out When I woke up there was a rat on me and I was painted from head to toe,all different colors.This was the type of Girl this Kathy was. she was weird I always had a weird feeling about her.It also was the Place I met Jackie and I'll Get to her another post another day so for now I am signing out till another day till then Good Day.

1 comment:

  1. johnny, i work with dennis, the single bullet theory drummer. he's a good dude even to this day.

    wasnt that place also called Egad's? or where was that club. all this stuff is 4 or 5 years before my time but i have always wanted to hear stories about good old little england catasaqua. and THE LIARS!!!!

    ReplyDelete