Thursday, November 3, 2011

Where It All Started

     Hello, The intention of this Blog Is to tell the history of the Clap and there contribution to the Lehigh valley punk rock seen.It is My side of the story what I remember and how I remember it.
  Back In the beginning of what I called My musical career  Around 1975 I new a guy named Micky Kovalchick
who played Guitar.He was pretty Good,He would Jam to bands like Alice Cooper ,Kiss,UFO,status Que etc.I would get the lyrics for him and he would let me hang out.I was a lot younger than MickyAnd they never let me sing.Then my big break came!When I was Delivering news papers This Guy named Bob Ross asked me if I would help him do a job. I said yea and off we went to the Roxy theater .He was setting up for a show and needed me to run the snake for the mikes and the PA for a show. ( Nazareth) ! I new all about Roxy shows I had been to a few already.We would save our lunch money at st Lawrence and at lunch time we would run over to w.s.a.n. to get tickets for shows. The shows back then were only a dollar.Yes one dollar ! for bands like Rush,Judas priest,Kiss and scores of other bands.I thought There was going to be a riot when they charged $3.00 for AC DC. well this was my start in Music.I will post pictures fliers stories and other tid bits .Along with this post is a photo of me around 1975or 1976 I've had a fun time promoting and playing shows for 30 some years.So come on board be a follower And  enjoy the history of  THE CLAP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment