Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Punk In Catasauqua in the 70's was almost unheard of the only access was late late night Radio on WSAN. an AM station.FM wasn't used yet .It was called Bob Ross Power rock show which eventually moved to FM radio(Z-95).I also knew a lot of older people from working at the Roxy.Still punk was scarce So I Did What I could to find it.FANTAZMAGORIA  was the name of a record store in Allentown on 6th st..They would carry punk and all the British imports at that time you could get 5 to 6 LP's for $20.00.thank God for them the next closest place to get punk records was Philly and bleaker bobs in New York.It didn't take long for punk to be my obsession .I would dress really freaked out Punk didn't have a uniform yet and mohawks were a few years down the road.I would paint color into my hair pre- crazy color.We would also go to this clothing shop on Hamilton st. Venus and Furs they had all this old vintage clothing Just real cool shit.We were just inventing a punk look as we went along.this photo is of me at a volley ball marathon WSAN sponsored our team the 2 -h club(too high club).This was 1977 If you can make them out there a few punk bands written on my pants and shirt . 

No comments:

Post a Comment